20 Mar New report confirms #InternetOfThings #BigData #MachineLearning Will Revolutionize Retail via @Forbes
- 70% of retail decision makers globally are ready to adopt the Internet of Things to improve customer experiences.
- 73% of retailers rate managing big data as important or business-critical to their operations.
- 78% of retailers say it is important or business-critical to integrate e-commerce and in-store experiences, so an omnichannel experience is delivered to every customer.
- 87% of retailers will deploy mobile point-of-sale (MPOS) devices by 2021, enabling them to scan and accept credit or debit payments anywhere in the store.
- 90% of retailers will implement buy online, pickup in store by 2021.
Sourced through Scoop.it from: flipboard.com
WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT
Based on a detailed report, this article provides a chockful of stats about investments in certain technologies. Although based on a survey, it confirms certain trends that are widely accepted – so there should be no surprises for readers of this blog.